Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brainstorm Images: Life-Death, Heaven-Hell

Ron- here are my images for the Brainstorm project.  I have done further research and thinking and I plan to narrow it down to Life- Death. Focusing on imagery associated with the two words and contradictions and ambigiuosity that goes along with the words.  Below is my original idea and even though I have narrowed down and reshaped this idea I think it is still relavent.

We live and we die, maybe we go to heaven or maybe we go to hell.  For the fortunates life is heaven- and death is usually a hellish experience for them because they love their life so much.  For the unfortunates life is hell- and death is heaven, or a liberating experience.  In my last project I touched metaphorically on how humans can make heaven out of hell or hell out of heaven, this is another relation of these words that is intriguing to me.  I think stuff like this is amazing and very relative to life throughout history and myth.  I also am fascinated with exploring the the complex emotions that go along with these words.  All together I would like to work with imagery, emotions, metaphors, and relationships of form to convey life-death heaven- hell and how all the words intertwine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment